Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Delicious-ly fun

After a bit of a break due to camera malfunction (and therefore a bit of a halt on the whole Flickr Things), I returned to my 23 Things Task this week by exploring the Delicious social bookmarking and tagging facility. I installed the bookmarklet (hope that's alright on the issue desk computer Jane :) which made saving my top 5 websites to Delicious very easy indeed. As usual, I went for an eclectic mix of the work-related (our very own RAI website), research-related (an Italian bookstore online, the Taylorian and the Society for Italian Studies) and one just for me (an early music group called Stile Antico who quite frankly *rock*!).

I saved my blog and added the tag ox23 to be part of the network of participants :) Finally, I had a look at which libraries were on the web 2.0 directory (many more than I expected actually - interesting how it is predominantly the smaller libraries such as ourselves (VHL) and the OIL in Oxford who lead the way where these initiatives are concerned. There are, at least to my mind, a couple of the larger faculty libraries who are notably absent (Taylorian and the Sackler spring to mind as two such libraries with a very large readership); they ought to follow the EFL and HFL's good example.)

I added the VHL lib to my Delicious network and found a clearly worded and interesting article about Social bookmarking at www.threadwatch.org.

Hope to catch up with the Flickr fun very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eleanor,

    I sent you a bookmark for a history programme. I wonder if you received it and how you know you received it.

    Gigi of Gigi's Thang

    ReplyDelete